Listening - The Art of Active Listening
Here are just 7 ways in which you are rewarded with this therapy designed to teach you how to become an active listener...
- You will learn to avoid interrupting a person’s flow of speech or changing the subject.
- You avoid thinking about a reply while they are speaking or attempt to fix their situation.
- You won’t need to give advice while listening and you will listen to questions carefully and answer them succinctly.
- You will avoid jumping to conclusions through your personal interpretations.
- You will have an open posture, and encounter each individual warmly.
- You will be able to step inside their situation and the issues to understand their circumstances, thoughts and feelings.
- You now listen empathically to their concerns and needs without judgement and spend time listening to the silences, which are growth gaps.